Sunday, March 11, 2012

a proverbial tissue for my issues

this blog has been just that over the years: my personal toilet bowl of cyberspace where I purge my scattered and often self-agitated thoughts, usually during the wee hours of the night when the average human is in his or her R.E.M. cycle.

however, I've refrained from writing in here for a few months because I feel that it's probably been too much about me--a way to get out all my pent up feelings and emotions that I wouldn't express to the average person on a face-to-face basis and instead put them onto the internet where, you know, anyone in the world could read them. in fact, I've had 138 page views by people from Russia.

truth is, I don't have a good reason for writing in here today. I probably have been too selfish with this thing, as I noted above. but if there's one reason I might keep reading a book or a blog or even listening to a person, it's honesty. it's been people like donald miller and sabrina ward harrison who inspired me in their honesty when I was younger, and while I don't necessarily follow their work anymore, honesty in what I do and what I express still is so important to me.

thus, I will carry on.
stay tuned for sorrow, redemption, joy, boredom, and carb cravings.

1 comment:

  1. donald miller is the man. and i like your honesty. it serves as affirmation that flaws are okay, even beautiful.

    ReplyDelete