Thursday, February 17, 2011

TODAY I AM LEAPING

it doesn't take much looking around to realize that there is a marvelous undertone to it all, and perhaps this is because I am in a place where I don't experience hurt too much, or pain (although I would disagree...I think there is plenty of pain here; plenty of longing and ache--and also an abundance of emptiness). but I am confident that above all us humans were designed to worship the God who created us and love others above ourselves, and that although there are many things in this world that are not how they are meant to be, that this world is filled with plenty of wretched things because we have worshiped the wrong gods, that God is still here, among us, in our brokenness--that God, in His perfect nature, although He didn't need us whatsoever, SET US FREE from all of these wretched things: "by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:3b-4)."

lately I have just not felt good enough. I haven't felt like I was doing "enough" to receive anyone's love, let alone God's. And this truth that I have to continually remind myself of is that I am ONLY A HUMAN and that I have not done ENOUGH, could never do enough, to receive the love of God. I have not loved God enough or people enough or been generous enough or listened clearly enough or been holy enough to receive the love of God. It is only by GRACE that I have been saved, through faith. I wake up nearly every morning with air in my lungs once again and forget that it is by the grace of God that I can still walk on this planet, that I can meet my friends for lunch and laugh with them, attempt feebly to love them and receive their love. And today, even in this broken world, I feel that I can say that THIS IS GOOD.






(inspiration courtesy of mr. greg bodwell; thanks for planting a seed :)

1 comment: