Sunday, January 16, 2011

when the going gets rough

I will pray and I will know that this life is momentary.
yes,  I know I have said this  before,
but I so often forget.
my life is not my own.
why do I try to live as if that's the case?
decisions, they are hard.
friends, you can't hold onto them forever.
it is a hard truth.
it rips at my heart,
it pierces me.
you can't always get what you want.
it's true.
but what do I even want anyways?
I know my emotions have a purpose
but sometimes I feel like I'm goin crazy
sometimes I feel like I can hardly trust myself
I will cling to prayer and I will say,
"Thy will be done,"
not without fear.
I will breathe and know
I am a daughter of the Father.
I am not forgotten or left alone.


and neither are you, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment