it is true that sometimes I have a thing one might classify as nostalgia. however, I am hesitant to call it as such because nostalgia implies a certain inability to look back upon a memory as being anything but perfect. I disagree. I remember laying in a hammock near skaneateles lake with a boy I'd been dating for only four months, reading books and feeling an electricity that indicated what one might classify as "falling in love." while I nearly had not a care in the world, I had some cares. for instance: I remember feeling insecure, I remember feeling awkward sometimes, I remember the mattress being very hard. I remember being sad about the ending of places. I still feel sad about that. but I remember being so happy eating fish and chips at doug's fish fry, and swinging on swings with aforementioned boyfriend and his grandmother, who is one of the most delightful people on the planet. I also remember reading on a couch in a coffee shop on a rainy day for hours, or at least what seemed like that.
soon I'll get to celebrate the birthday of said boy. he's not really a boy anymore. actually, I never really knew him as a boy. anyways, his life is one of my favorite things to celebrate. gag away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:)
ReplyDeleteAHH! So happy for you Kelley :)
ReplyDelete