was one of those days where I am certain that the Lord
is gracious and merciful.
I have sensed the reality that everything in this life
is constantly coming and going,
turning and twisting-
nothing is promised except
one
thing
but
today I experienced
a multitude of butterflies
an afternoon of questions (and answers)
stoop kids smokin on a stoop (being punks)
music, friends, laughter, lights,
cinnamon rolls from scratch,
inspiration out the wazoo,
reminding me the importance of creating
of being surrounded by people who celebrate
the joy of the blessing of
having each other
which is one of my favorite things to celebrate
today I am reminded that even though this life is fleeting,
even though I have no idea how many days I have left on this earth
(or how many anyone else has, for that matter)
that I have been given this incredible blessing of sometimes
being able to look around and say (or think),
"THIS MOMENT- LET'S CHERISH IT"
I don't know. that's not exactly what I wanted to say
but I wanted to say something
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment